cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 Video Failure in CUCM 8.03100008

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

I have two 9971s that are unable to complete a video call.  They are built and fully functional but audio only.

TIA,

Amir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think you're missing a setting in that version of UCM. I'm running 8.0(3) and have a Video Capabilities option. In my case, I have this enabled globally under the Enterprise Phone Configuration page under the System menu. Try upgrading to 7.1(3b)SU2 or later; I think they added video support in the last few builds of that version.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

mbillmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have Cisco Camera and Video Capabilities both enabled in the Phone Configuration?

Yes -

Thanks for your reply,

Amir

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Amir,

Can you confirm me the firmware version that you are using on your IP phone?

Also if you have it you can send the trace of your call to confirm why it is failling.

Regards,

Luis Sandi

Firmware is 9.0-4.  Don't have traces readily available.  Please note that when you go into settings / accessories you don't see the camera.  When you remove the USB camera and then re-insert it - a pop-up appears stating that it recognizes the phone but it is administratively disabled.  BUT IT IS NOT DISABLED IN CUCM.  The only reference I see in the 9971 device settings is for BACK and SIDE USB ports and they are both enabled.

TAC has been of no help either.  Customer is not happy.

Ah, well the UCM interface is somewhat misleading here. Wherever you have enabled those capabilities (global, common phone profile, or on the device), you need to check the Override Common Settings box to the right. Whatever you choose will not be applied until you do.

Thanks for your reply Jon.  Always appreciate your active input into our forums.

I've attached a screen shot of the device configuration page of the 9971.  Back USB Port and Side USP Port were both "Enabled" but the "Override Common Settings" checkbox had not been checked.  I checked it, saved, applied and reset the phone.

Yet - I still see nothing within the Accessories field of the phone interface.  When I detach and re-attached the USB camera - I receive a dialog box on the phone display stating " Cisco Unified Video Camera has been detected but is disabled by the adminstrator".

TAC now suggests that it is our version of CUCM - we are running 7.1.3.21901-1.

I think you're missing a setting in that version of UCM. I'm running 8.0(3) and have a Video Capabilities option. In my case, I have this enabled globally under the Enterprise Phone Configuration page under the System menu. Try upgrading to 7.1(3b)SU2 or later; I think they added video support in the last few builds of that version.

It must be the lack of support on this version of CUCM.

Thanks for your help.

Amir