Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 weather and calculator applications

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi All,

I have CCM 8.6 and 9971 phones with firmware 9971.9-1-1SR1. I am trying to configure weather and calculator applications without any success.

I download the jad and jar files from cisco website. I upload the files to the tftp and create a URL service but it didn't work. I don't know if we need external webserver or not

Can anyone help with this ? thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For both MIDlets (in the form of a JAD file and a JAR file) to operate properly, port 80 communication must be unblocked between IP Phones and the Internet.

Note: Refer to the steps mentioned in the "Midlet Installation and Configuration Guide.pdf" available while downlading the apps file.

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For both MIDlets (in the form of a JAD file and a JAR file) to operate properly, port 80 communication must be unblocked between IP Phones and the Internet.

Note: Refer to the steps mentioned in the "Midlet Installation and Configuration Guide.pdf" available while downlading the apps file.

HTH,

Gifton Abel.

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

yoy are right regarding the guide. I found you need a web server to run these files.

Anas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Frank Hohenadel
Level 1
Level 1

where have you found the files on the website?

Regards, Frank

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Files are here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/ipPhone_thankyou.html

Regards,

Mansoor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: