cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9971s - Poor audio quality

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering if anyone has found a fix for this yet...we've got over 1,000 9971s deployed in the US alone, with Europe going the remainder of this year.  We've consistently had audio quality issues with these phones though...I believe it's mainly speakerphone users, but there may be one or two handset/headset users in there as well (no bluetooth headsets).

I'm at a point where I don't know what to do...the only things we haven't tried are turning g.722 on, and i'm also investigating the Jabra SPEAK 410 UC as a speakerphone replacement as well...

One thing i've noticed is that on the WAN calls, it's using g.729, even though we've allowed g.711u (plenty of bandwidth to spare, fortunately).  Not sure why it keeps going to 729, which may be part of the problem as well...packet loss is minimal (<5), jitter is almost non-existent.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

thanks

SJ           

2 Replies 2

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Scott,

What version of firmware are you running on the phones, have you tried upgrading to the latest firmware? 

HTH,

Chris

Right now, we're running 9-3-1-10...due to some issues i stumbled across with BLF keys and pickup functionality, i'm not moving to 9-3-2 anytime soon.  one item of note, after we went to 9-3-1, handset users noticed a significant improvement...but not speakerphone users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: