cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A Better License Usage Report for CUCM 8.6.2

todd coplien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Is there a better way to get an actual license usage report for CUCM 8.6.2? I can see DLU count but obviously since we don't actually purchase DLU's anymore I'd like to see license by type. For example, how many UCL Enhanced I have vs Basic, etc. I've tried the LCU tool but that seems to be more a "if I convert to v9.x" usage report. I don't have PLM installed but that seems to be similar to LCU. Please let me know what my options are! Thank you!

8 Replies 8

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Todd,

I do not think u have any other option of running LCU which gives breakup of user licenses.

regds,

aman.

When I read the report though, can i read it as my actual licenses that I have installed? It always gives me a breakdown of UCL and then throws some CUWL in there. I don't believe I have any CUWL installed but maybe I am wrong.

Hi Todd,

can u share LCU report ?

regds,

aman

There are 10x Public Space Licenses. Here's the report that LCU spit out.

DLUs:                               
  Installed DLUs                     1386 1386
  Used DLUs                          663 663
  Unused DLUs                        723 723
UNLICENSED USERS:                   
  Unlicensed Users With EM           0 0
  Unlicensed Users Without EM        1 1
Total:                               1 1
ESSENTIAL LICENSES REQUIRED BY:     
  Users With EM                      0 0
  Users Without EM                   0 0
  Devices Not Assigned To Users      0 0
Total: UCM_Essential                 0 0
BASIC LICENSES REQUIRED BY:         
  Users With EM                      0 0
  Users Without EM                   9 9
  Devices Not Assigned To Users      0 0
Total: UCM_Basic                     9 9
ENHANCED LICENSES REQUIRED BY:      
  Users With EM                      4 4
  Users Without EM                   20 20
  Devices Not Assigned To Users      19 19
Total: UCM_Enhanced                  43 43
ENHANCED PLUS LICENSES REQUIRED BY: 
  Users With EM                      26 26
  Users Without EM                   15 15
Total: UCM_EnhancedPlus              41 41
CUWL STANDARD LICENSES REQUIRED BY: 
  Users With EM                      3 3
  Users Without EM                   0 0
Total: UCM_CUWLStandard              3 3
TELEPRESENCE ROOM LIC. REQUIRED BY: 
  TP Units for Users With EM         0 0
  TP Units for Users Without EM      0 0
  TP Units Not Assigned To Users     0 0
Total: UCM_TelePresenceRoom          0 0

Hi,

From version 9  onwards,Public Space license does not exist. So, u need to have UCL license depending on the phone type.

For CUWL Standard which is coming to be 3 as per LCU, u can refer the link [Table 2 ]

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-licensing/bulletin-c25-731760.pdf

regds,

aman

I understand that there are no Public Space licenses with v9 and up. What I'm wondering, is there a License Usage Report similar to what the LCU spits out that shows my current License Usage the way I have it set up in my system in v8.6.2? I like the table that LCU puts out but it doesn't match what I have for SMARTnet so I assume I can't read it as "the actual license and how they are applied currently" can I?

Hi Todd,

you can run License Unit calculation under Licensing in CUCM 8 to get breakup of Phone type/Models along with DLU consumed and total consumed by specific model and compare it with LCU report.

regds,

aman

That doesn't really help. Does Prime License Manager work with CUCM 8.6.2? And if so, does it give a usage report based on license type and not DLUs consumed? I guess I could look that up! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: