cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A little urgent on design and implementation

purplecatalyst
Level 1
Level 1

I do not need a diagram. Just want a brief information on the devices, the PVDMs, the PRIs, Clusters etc. and how the connection goes.

The question is as follows:

Please design a LAN / WAN /IPT for Company XYZ. Should include the following elements:

>scheme of physical connections

>description of the protocols used L2 / L3

>IPT system proposal

>NMS proposal

Additional information:

>there are 8 locations

>HQ has 2500 workstations / IP phones

>remaining 7 remote sites have 400 workstations / IP phones

Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For each site you need the following atleast for the voice infrastructure for the PSTN interface:

> Cisco Router with voice UC licenses

> T1/E1 card(s) - ( depending on your requirement ) - for PSTN connectivity

> PVDM cards(s) - ( depending on your requirement ) - for T1/E1 and media resources

> PRI/T1 CAS/ E1 R3 - depending on your service provider and the pricing - for PSTN calling

Now, it depends on how you want to manage phones, i would have a CUCM cluster for HQ site - minimum of 2 in numbers. And rest of the site can use CME for 400 odd phones.

Or

I would have a medium size CUCM cluster - 5-6 in numbers and connect all my phone @ rest of 7 sites to the same CUCM cluster over the WAN - this will make you dial-plan a lot simple and easy to manage.

Please go through the collaboration design guide for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10.html

Please rate if helpful

~Amit

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open a case with PreSales / Partner Helpline Team as they are best suited for these kind of requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/partners/support-help/presales-helpline.html

Regards

Deepak

It is actually a task and not a real time scenario but thank you!! :-)

Hello,

Were you able to create any diagram for this project/task ?

Thanks!

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For each site you need the following atleast for the voice infrastructure for the PSTN interface:

> Cisco Router with voice UC licenses

> T1/E1 card(s) - ( depending on your requirement ) - for PSTN connectivity

> PVDM cards(s) - ( depending on your requirement ) - for T1/E1 and media resources

> PRI/T1 CAS/ E1 R3 - depending on your service provider and the pricing - for PSTN calling

Now, it depends on how you want to manage phones, i would have a CUCM cluster for HQ site - minimum of 2 in numbers. And rest of the site can use CME for 400 odd phones.

Or

I would have a medium size CUCM cluster - 5-6 in numbers and connect all my phone @ rest of 7 sites to the same CUCM cluster over the WAN - this will make you dial-plan a lot simple and easy to manage.

Please go through the collaboration design guide for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10.html

Please rate if helpful

~Amit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: