cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AA issue with DN range 0001-0999

tomearley
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings.  I have inherited a Dial Plan where the entire DN range of 0001-0999 has been assigned to active users.  I have an Auto Attendant set up and there is a "dial 0" for Operator prompt so all inbound callers who wish to dial any extension that begins with a "0" are automatically routed to the Operator.  I am hoping for ideas on a workaround for an issue?  Many thanks-

Tom

13 Replies 13

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tom,

What are you running for VM Unity, Unity Connection? (version)

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob-  Unity Connection 8.5.1.  Thanks!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tom,

Is there any possibilty of changing the Caller Input on this Call Handler to ignore 0

and change the operator setting to another unused number?

Cheers!

Rob

Or change the 0 option under caller input to be UNLOCKED, this way it will attempt to collect more digits and will only go to 0 option after no other digits are input.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Option 0 is currently Unlocked and "Wait for Additional Digits" is set for 1500 ms for this Operator Call Handler. The issue is that Inbound callers are prompted to choose either 4 extension [DN] or to press 0 for Operator. All callers choosing a DN in the 0001 - 0999 range are sent straight to the Operator.  Thoughts?

Thanks!

Tom

Thanks Rob.  You are suggesting changing the Operator prompt from 0 to another number correct?

Hi Tom,

That was my initial thought

Change the caller input to something like 7 (anything with no overlap in the dial plan)

and redo the greeting to reflect the change.

Cheers!

Rob

hi, what about using 2 options at the top level ch:

press 0 for operator

press 1 to be prompted for extension

pressing 1 drops the caller into an aa ch which has a greeting of 'please enter extension of person you wish to call'

hth

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

That will work just fine.

Chris

Chris,  Is there a way to make interdigit timeout to make this work?  Users refuse to use two step call handler.

Yes, if you make the "Ignore Additional Input (Locked)" unchecked for the 0 caller input option, UCON will either transfer the call to the defined destination or if more than one digit is entered route to the extension.

Chris

Thanks again Chris for your help here.

Tom

Thanks for the great suggestion!  I appreciate your help.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: