Views
Helpful
Replies

Access to Voicemail from External source

oneill-james
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have come across a situation where we are unable to access Voicemail at one of our local sites.

This only arises when we try and leave a message on an IP phone from an external call.

For example if someone calls the office from a cell phone or internationally and they try to leave a message, they simply are getting dead air.

The timer on the phone counts up as if they are connected but no message or voicemail is activated.

When we call phones on our LAN there is no issues at all. Phones are able to connect externally and vice versa also.

Any ideas out there or anyone come across this before?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all is always needed to mention the exdact system you havem and version.

That begin said, you can try realoding the VM system.

Apologies Paolo.

We use Call manager version 8.0.3 and Unity version 8.03.

When you say reload the VM system what do you mean exactly? Would it mean all users would be affected if restarting the server ?

Hi

I had this issue once but not exactly the same.

Check Out

http://tapandutt1.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/pstn-users-cannot-leave-voice-mail-internal-users-can/

and see if it helps!

Tapan

Thanks Tapan, thats a nice link.

Doesnt work for me though. I do sh ip route and see that everything is set.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: