Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing voicemail via Desk Phone in the different office

DanielDuszyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wonder if you have ever experienced the described issue The voicemail is working and the end user receives email notifications.
The problem persist while user is trying to access the voicemail while being at Office 2 (using the Office 1 extension). Accessing the voicemail via the desk phone. The test phone was setup and the same problem has appear therefore it will not be the phone related issue. The connection to the voicemail *444445 is being dropped straight after being successful. The anynode checks, presents some unusual icon (single padlock instead of two like for other users). The phone settings were changed: location, device pool etc but the problem is still present. The voicemail can be access while being at Office 1 without problems. The desk phone located in the Office 2 has correct light (red colour) indicator when the voicemail message is left). The other features of the phones are working in the Office 1 and the Office 2.

I would kindly appreciate any advice or suggestion.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does this occur on all phones in office2?

to confirm, you have configured a phone at office 2 with the same settings as a phone in office 1 and still the problem exists?

Can you provide call traces of a failed call? (cucm traces)

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

It happens only to one single user. The phone at office 2 was configured with the same settings as a phone in office 1 and the problem exists The traces present call to the voicemail service as successful. After you dial extension of the voicemail, the call is connected but it is being dropped after a few seconds. I wonder what may have an impact for the disconnecting the call after being successfully connected. I will upload the logs at the earliest opportunity. Thank you.
Regards,
Daniel

The end users finally provided the information that in second office the same problem is present. 

To sum up, the voicemail is working as user received email notification, can listen to voicemail via email. The phone has red light on the phones and inform about the voicemail being left.  

After trying to reach voicemail via the desk phone the call is disconnected after 2 - 3 seconds. 

Cisco Unified Real Time Monitoring Tool gives the following reason for termination cause code:

(16) Normal call clearing. Explanation. The call is being cleared because one of the users involved in the call has requested that the call be cleared.

I wonder if you could advise on it. Only one user is affected. The problem is present on both desk phones in both locations. 

Thank you,

Daniel