Views
Helpful
Replies

ACD menu on remote site gateways

Asad Raza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am trying to assist a customer in purchasing a CUCM BE 5K for his organization, but he needs something that I am not quite sure on how to accomplish, therefore I would require some assistance!

Here's the scenario:

- CUCM BE at the Headquarters

- H.323 gateways at the two branch offices

Each site's gateway has their own analog lines terminated. When a call comes into any of the analog lines at either of the three sites, the customer would like to have a welcome greeting played.

As I understand it, Cisco Unity Connection can provide a fairly robust ACD menu with nested loops etc using call handlers.

My first question is: When a call is received at any of the (HQ as well as the remote site) gateways, can the call be directed to Cisco Unity Connection's (customized) ACD?

My second question is, if the remote site gateways go into SRST mode, what are their options for playing a welcome greeting with a basic ACD/AA?

My third and final question is, can I use a B-ACD or AA script at the remote site gateways during normal operations as well as during SRST so that the 'Welcome menu' stays the same during both modes?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes.

2. B-ACD/AA

3. Yes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes.

2. B-ACD/AA

3. Yes.

Hello Paolo,

Thank you for your response. I was wondering, is it possible to receive a call via an fxo port at the remote site and direct it to Unity connection to play the welcome greeting, and during srst mode, have the B-ACD/AA play the short menu? If so, how would this be possible since the call at that port will always use the same dial-peer and activate AA, which would mean the call would never be directed to Unity Connection during normal operation?

Thanks for your help in advance.

You can do that having two DPs.

Whe the call to unity fails via the 1st DP wit no huntstop), the 2nd DP will be used for B-ACD/AA.

You know I was just at the ATM about 5 minutes ago thinking about that! However, when I followed that thought through, I wonderered if it'll ever move on to the second DP since the incoming called number parameter (or whatever matching criteria used) will still "match" in the first DP, just not forward the call anywhere. Is that true, or will it hunt to the next DP as you stated? Thanks!

It will re-hunt.

Protect your PIN when using ATMs.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Excellent. Thanks for the good advice on 'PIN safety' and your help with my question!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: