cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

activatio code

lancohot
Level 1
Level 1

we bought a cisco Ip phone  model cp 8865  and when we try to  connect  to our network it is asking for an activation code   can you help me by giving activation    code

21 Replies 21

This has been asked so many times before. Did you do any search for this before you posted your question?

Response Signature

Been at it all day, Tech Support ask a bunch of stupid questions, all I want to know is where do You get QR Scan or Activation code, really fast, no clicking here or clicking there, or adding Firefox (which I hate by the way), there has to be an easier way.

Just add the device in CH ... All documentated in the guides, but I know, it's easier to ask and let others do the work (provide you all the infos and related links), than doing it on your own.

Right, it is easier, but I would love to know how to do it myself.

I'm with @b.winter on this. Just add the device in Control Hub, how hard can it be?

Response Signature

I finally found this Control Hub, I keep reading about, only to get the message " you're not authorized", you say how hard could it be? it could be a lot straight forward than it is. You should be able to log into the phone (10.0.0. whatever) make changes, then you're done, but Noooooooooo

If you don’t have access it means that you’re not an administrator of your calling service. Advise you to reach out to one of these and ask for their help on this.

Response Signature

I'm the only person on My Account, there is no one else.

Back to the very first question: wahr telephony system do you want to register the phone to?

The only option I get is, CUCM, I don't have a 3rd Party capable phone.

That’s not an answer to @dtibbe question. To what type of phone system is it that you want to register the phone? It could be CM, Webex or a 3:rd party system. You got to know what system you’re trying to use the phone with and if you don’t, we cannot do anything to help you.

Response Signature

Again,

what platform you use for call control.What exactly you trying to achieve?

Response Signature

@yormajestyali wrote:
I'm the only person on My Account, there is no one else.

Could it be that you have a consumer account on Webex? If so I don't think that you can access Control Hub, nor do I think that you can setup a phone device.

Response Signature

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

The activation code is used by Webex Calling for auto provisioning the phone. It will be generated in CH for the user when adding the device.

You may also access the phone's web interface to manually provision the phone to your telephony system. If you're using DHCP, you may also provide another boot server's ip address using the known options.