Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Directory Sync Issue

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

I am facing problem in sync CM with Microsoft AD, after configuring the LDAP directory it syn for the first time and get all the users and information in CM  after some time when i try to change telephone numbers in the AD for the users and tried to resync it doesnt reflects in CCM, it show me the same old records which it took at first syn.

Microsoft AD is windows 2008.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Hi Clark,

Are you sure you're saving the telephone number update in AD?

I have notice sometime change in AD are not reflected until you rry efresh the Organization Unit (OU) folder.

Try it and let me know.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

Dear Leo,

Thanks for your reply,

I did according to your instruction but no results

When i restart the Call manager the changes are reflecting, but again i tried to test for 1 more user by changing the telephone number and performed full sync, the new user telephone number is not synchronized.

This means everytime i do changes in AD i have to restart my Call manager for full sync and this is not possible. Also i tried to restart the DIR SYNC service but no results.

Any help

Dears,

Anybody can give me more hints where things are going wrong.

Thanks

When you run the Full Sync in CUCM manually it doesn't work but if you restart CUCM it syncs? Have you verified that the Full Sync is ran successfully? Can you pull some LDAP logs from the time you performed the Full Sync?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

dojoy
Level 1
Level 1

When you create an LDAP Link on the CUCM you would find resync option.

"Perform a Re-sync Every"

By default it would be around 7 Days. You can try changing that to 1 hour.

Let us know if it worked out.

Hello Yash,

When you run the Full Sync in CUCM manually it doesn't work but if you  restart CUCM it syncs? Have you verified that the Full Sync is ran  successfully? Can you pull some LDAP logs from the time you performed  the Full Sync?

After restating the CUCM server when i perform a  full syn it is synchronizing all the info, After sync if i create a new user in the AD, then if i perform sync the new user doenst comes,

Have you verified that the Full Sync is ran  successfully? 

how to verify that??

Can you pull some LDAP logs from the time you performed  the Full Sync?

from where ? from CUCM or AD server ???

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: