Views
Helpful
Replies

AD and CUCM synchronization issues

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts 

I don't seem to be synchronizing Active Directory with CUCM users could i have some assistance any pointers

I will appreciate thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This error means that either:

• The account you are using in CUCM for access to LDAP is in the wrong format. The format can either be account@domain.com or distinguished name format. If you need help figuring out the distinguished name format, contact your Microsoft administrators as they should know.
  • The password for the account you are using in CUCM to access LDAP is not entered correctly in CUCM, or the account is locked in AD
  • The account you are using in CUCM for access to LDAP does not have (at a minimum) read-only access to the LDAP database for the domain, container or OU that is your User Search Base.

If you are able, try using an AD administrative account (like the domain admin account) to see if entering that account information in CUCM successfully saves. If so, then one of the above is the problem. If that does not fix your problem, let us know and we can look further.

Maren

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Could you elaborate more on the issue and share your configuration. Does this mean non of the users are getting synced with CUCM

First hand, please go thru this document and verify all the configurations are in place 

http://www.uccollaborationgeek.com/cucm-ldap-integration/

Also share your Dirsync logs if the issue persists 

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Some useful resource you sent here i followed the document item by item and this is what i got when i tried to synch it.

I got this error.

Login Failure to Host ldap://1X2.1X.2XX.10:389, Please Re-Enter LDAP Manager Distinguished Name and Password

Should I reset the AD password on the windows side?

Please make sure that you enter the correct AD password on the CUCM side. I strongly suggest to contact your AD Administrator prior of resetting any password.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

This error means that either:

• The account you are using in CUCM for access to LDAP is in the wrong format. The format can either be account@domain.com or distinguished name format. If you need help figuring out the distinguished name format, contact your Microsoft administrators as they should know.
  • The password for the account you are using in CUCM to access LDAP is not entered correctly in CUCM, or the account is locked in AD
  • The account you are using in CUCM for access to LDAP does not have (at a minimum) read-only access to the LDAP database for the domain, container or OU that is your User Search Base.

If you are able, try using an AD administrative account (like the domain admin account) to see if entering that account information in CUCM successfully saves. If so, then one of the above is the problem. If that does not fix your problem, let us know and we can look further.

Maren

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please can you be a bit more specific on which is the exact problem on your AD synchonization?

Below you will find the guidelines of AD integration with CUCM

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-80/111979-ucm-multi-forest-00.html#anc19

Let us know,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Mr George this is some comprehensive document you sent...

I am going through it although am running  win 2008 

as above i am getting this error

Login Failure to Host ldap://1x2.1x.20x.1x:389, Please Re-Enter LDAP Manager Distinguished Name and Password

thanks

Have you delegated this account to have "Read All Attributes"  Authority Access for this certaion OU?

George

Okay the synchronization was working before till AD started having issues i changed the Windows Admin password to something else. I put the same new password on CUCM and did a synchronization. Below is what i get when i do " perform full synch"..

How do i know that AD and CUCM are now in synch.

You can use RTMT - System - Syslog Viewer and check the Cisco DirSync messages.

Hope this helps.

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Maren, Ratish and George I used all the data you gave me i have resolved the issue. 

I matched the password on CUCM and AD. I created the users on AD and did a manual Sync. 

Thanks for the quick help. 

Glad to hear that you worked it out!

George