cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD integration with CallManager 4.x - Change the field in AD referenced?

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Customer has an older 4.2 system with AD integration.  They are asking if there is any way to change the field in AD that the plugin uses for displaying the telephone number in the Corporate Directory from the TelephoneNumber field to the IPPhone number field.

I've not been able to locate any documentation, Cisco or otherwise, on this.  My belief is that it's likely hard coded, but I'm curious if anyone else has researched this and found anything out.

Yes, I'm aware this is an EOL product.  That's a different discussion we're having with the customer.  Looking for any information that may be available on this particular problem.  We were going to break the AD integration and go back to just using DC to deal with it, but found that when you break the AD integration, the DC directory goes back to where it was prior to the original plug in installation....the data isn't copied back.  This is a huge issue, and we're looking for options to resolve it.

1 Reply 1

As far as I know the plugin is indeed hardcoded so there is no way to point to the ipphone field of the AD.

You are also right in saying that once you go back you will lose your user data.

What's the reason the customer wants to go back to DC Directory?

Regards,

Christos