Helpful
Replies

AD integration with CM 4.1.3

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have the question:

A client has a Callmanager with local directory. At the time of installation they didn't have Active Directory.

Some years later they installed AD for the windows network.

Unfortunately both directories have lived their own live till now; meaning userID on Cisco directory is not the same as in AD.

Now they want the CM to be integrated with their AD.

How would you tackle something like this? My client has more than 800 IP phones. And all use Extension Mobility.

I have installed many times the AD plugin, but this was during the installation from CM.

Anyone has experience with this?

Thanks,

JH

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Have done this before and it is usually a long weekend.

You can mine data out of DC directory with a tool like softerra LDAP browser, augment your data and then import it into AD with LDIFDE or CSVDE.

Are you familiar about how CCM links users to their profiles with the CiscoAtGuid attribute?

Jason

Hello jason,

No I am not really familiar with the DC directory from Cisco. I think that we have to change something, or information in AD or information in DC directory.

My customer has told me that userid in many cases is different in AD and DC directory.

Can you tell me what in general is happening when I intstall the plugin. Do we export data from DC directory to AD?

Sorry I am not really familiar with AD

Thanks,

JH

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The short answer is "Yes". However you need to be cautious in integrating two separate clusters into the same AD domain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: