Views
Helpful
Replies

Add a Prefix Number in CUCM

Ivan Rivai
Level 1
Level 1

hello.

I am using Cisco router 881, CUCM 11.5, and cisco phone 7811.

Can I add a prefix number in the voice gateway? or should i add it in CUCM? for example i want to add a "0" in front of the number.

Because the incoming calls strip away the 0, i don't know why, have asked the telco company and they said their system didn't do anything. So basically when some users want to redial, the call is dropped because of the missing 0.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ivan

9 Replies 9

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can add it at both places, what is your 881 router added to CUCM as MGCP\H323\ SIP 

JB

i added as SIP

And you want number to show with 0 prefix to it in call history so that your users can dial directly without editing is that correct?

JB

yeah that's correct. This is a rare case if i might add. I have other site that has the same infrastructure, same router, and this is not happening there.

Best regards,

Ivan

Can you check are you using Calling Party Transformation for other sites by going to CUCM.

Call Routing -> Transformation.

JB

no i am not using calling party transformation. all translation is processed in the voice gateway.

transformation would be the best way to do it, as at that point it would show under Call history yet nothing would change with your Dial Plan. As if you are add a 0 in GW config you would then definitely would be striping the same on CUCM for further pattern matching.

You would have to take debugs from GW

Debugs ccsip messages

debug voice ccapi inout

from working and nonworking gateway to find what information is being sent to CUCM. Depending what is sent to CUCM we will have to check the Inbound CSS on the SIP trunk to know what pattern it can reach. May be you are striping the leadign 0 on a translation pattern.

Hope this help

JB

if i were to use calling transformation, can you give me an example on how to do it?

Hi Ivan,

This is a great video that explains calling \ called party transformation, what you are looking for 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YrurJ9PfVU&t=7s

let the forum know if you still have further question after watching this.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: