cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add a queue in front of a hunt pilot?

liwhittall
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, is there any way to add a simple queueing mechanism (AC) 'in front' of a hunt pilot/line group. I have a Unity call handler transferring calls to a AC pilot right now which only contains one DN, that way users calling in will be put on hold while the employee finishes with other callers. The problem I've been requested to solve is how to increase the number of people answering the calls during the busiest hours of the day. This means people will be dropping in and out of the group. Line groups can do that with the 'Hlog' softkey, but you can't add hunt pilots to AC groups. I even created a dummy DN CFwdAll'd to a hunt pilot and added it to the AC group (sole member), but callers were just hung in the queue forever...

Enviroment info:

CUCM 7.1.5

79XX phones (41s and 61s)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Luke Whittall

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

You would require UCCX to acomplished this on a supported way. CUCM doesn't provide Queueing capabilities out of the box, and AC has a lot of interactions and restrictions with other forms of CallRouting like shared lines and Hunt groups.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

You would require UCCX to acomplished this on a supported way. CUCM doesn't provide Queueing capabilities out of the box, and AC has a lot of interactions and restrictions with other forms of CallRouting like shared lines and Hunt groups.

Ok, I actually have CCX, but so far that only way I see to use it is to use IP Phone Agent, which I'm not just real fond of. The HLog softkey is so much simpler for my users, and I don't think a CSQ can monitor a Hunt List/Pilot. Also, I want one phone to ALWAYS receive calls, with IPPA all agents could be logged out and calls would stay on hold forever (I presume).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: