Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Directory Number with BAT/BULK

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I am building CUCM from scratch with 1000users.

They would like to retain their existing extension numbers from their old PABX system.

Initial roll out of ip phones i am doing auto-registration.

Is there a way to input directory number/Primary extension using BAT?

I was trying to input Insert USERS using BulkAdmin/BAT txt file but gets error saying DIRECTORY NUMBER not FOUND. Which immediately registers to me that Directory Number HAS to be created before inserting users?

I have 1000 extenions with non-running numbers, how can i insert them?

Was toying around with Prime Collaboration Provisioning, but no luck either

Appreciate any advise

5 Replies 5

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can follow the below procedure to add lines to phones in BAT

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/8_6_1/bat-861-cm/t03phtmp.html#wp1352442 

HTH

Rajan

- pls rate all useful posts

Will try that to see if it works. But then if this means tying phone Mac to Line, it won't work for me. As I'll be doing auto provisioning, followed by self-provisioning

Carl Ratcliffe
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, have you not considered using Extension Mobility ? For that number of users i would defintley deploy this, not only will it help you with mogration from the old PBX but it will also save a lot of support work in the future.

You could then auto register phones as you have planned and the users can be created with their exiisting extension numbers using user device profiles.

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

Preston -Lancashire- England

Unfortunately more than 90% of the ip phones are 3905 model, which does not support extension mobility 

My plan is to distribute all ip phones to users randomly out of the box and turn on auto provisioning where they get random numbers.

then users can proceed to do self-provisioning with their known extension 

wohld using UDP works for my scenario too? in order to insert directory number?  Which is then needed for my self-prov

Ronak Agarwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you also have a UCCX system in your environment, you can use TAPS to configure DN's. Follow below link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/116817-configure-product-00.html

Regards,

Ronak Agarwal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: