cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add failed. Cannot insert or update pattern. A DN exists with the same pattern and partition.

Ahmed habib
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, I added 7811 phone to the CME and gave him dn 55553 and I am trying to add a route pattern on CUCM that match just that phone but it can't accept it as 55553 

It accepts only when I put 5555x but I am afraid to cause a problem or loop as I have a random dial plan

The error say (Add failed. Cannot insert or update pattern. A DN exists with the same pattern and partition.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you check your route plan report and search for 55553 and see if its already there, if so, delete it and add the router pattern again.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you check your route plan report and search for 55553 and see if its already there, if so, delete it and add the router pattern again.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

please de-associate the DN, that resolved my issue.

This was really helpful 
Thanks a lot for the post

I ran into this same issue and deleting the DN allowed me to setup the translation pattern.

Thanks!

hola revisa si no tienes en hount pattern algo configurado en la ext o en translations pattern por ahi esta el tema  saludos....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: