Views
Helpful
Replies

Add FAX Device to Voice Environment

hisham.khreisat
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I had a question about how I can configure a FAX machine in voice environment ....

I have the following :

Phones ----- CUCM --- Voice Gateway (using SIP Trunk) ...

what I need to know how I can configure the FAX machine in this environment ??!!

As I know I will add it as anyother device such as IP Phone Configuration.but without assign directory number to it,

it is need to do anything on the Vocie gateway ??

I can't imagine how is the process ??!! please can anyone give me the configuration I tried to figure out any document can explain all the configuration and the process but I can't find anything?

So please Help me to find it ?? or if anyone have any idea about it just tell me how it will work ?

Aslo I would like to mention that I have FXS on the Voice gateway, how I will connect it to the FAX ?

I hope to get an action plan from anyone ...

Regards,

Hisham

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Hisham

if you are going to add the FAX to the GW that has FXS port and configured as SIP or H323 then you need to do the configuration on the voice gateway only nothing need to be done on CUCM

please see the bellow discussion for an issue with a fax which has some config portions that you can learn however you need to have dialpeers relevant to your numbers and dialing plan

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3418715#3418715

HTH

if helpful Rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Thank you, it need special configuration on CUCM or not ?

Hi Hisham

if you are going to add the FAX to the GW that has FXS port and configured as SIP or H323 then you need to do the configuration on the voice gateway only nothing need to be done on CUCM

please see the bellow discussion for an issue with a fax which has some config portions that you can learn however you need to have dialpeers relevant to your numbers and dialing plan

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3418715#3418715

HTH

if helpful Rate

Thank you for your help ... Marwan ...

I read the link you provided .. Then I add some part from it to my configuration.

voice service pots

fax rate disable

!

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

fax protocol none

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

Thank you very much.

No worries and thanks for the rating

JiriPrinc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

may be off topic but have you considered to use some FoIP solution (or server based solution) and remove the fax machine from the network? CUCM / GW is anough for that.

Regards

Jiří

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: