cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Hunt Pilots to Corporate Directory CUCM 10.6

noisey_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way of getting Hunt Pilots listed in the Corporate Directories of IP handsets?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can create local users with whatever name you choose or add them to LDAP and associate the telephone number field to it, this way they will show up in the directory.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is not possible natively in CUCM or CUCME.

HTH

Manish

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can create local users with whatever name you choose or add them to LDAP and associate the telephone number field to it, this way they will show up in the directory.

Our Hunt Pilots are also call handlers and I can't import an LDAP user with the same extension as a call handler.

Hello, I am currently working through a similar situation as described in this older post. I would appreciate any suggestions that could help me work through this situation.

I have a combination of Hunt Pilots and DNs configured to forward all calls to CUC System Call Handlers, which provide menu options and caller inputs. The System Call Handlers share the same extension as the Hunt Pilots and DNs.

I would like to list the Hunt Pilots and DNs in the CUC Directory so that I can make use of a main Directory Handler to offer callers the option to dial by name and reach these Hunt pilots and DNs. Currently, I haven't configured the Hunt Pilots or DNs as users in CUCM because the System Call Handlers use the same extension.

I have considered removing the extension from the Call Handlers and relying on CUC Forwarding Rules to directly route the calls to the Call Handlers. However, I would like to avoid consuming Voicemail licenses for these users.

Thank you for your assistance.

In my opinion, your question has nothing to do with the question in the original post and I think you should open a new question in the forum.

noisey_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Chris. I was hoping there was a cleaner, native way of doing it but the workaround works well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: