Views
Helpful
Replies

Add new CUCM Subscriber

drbabbers
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I am experiencing an issue adding a new CUCM Subscriber to an existing cluster.

The Server names in CUCM are hostname based so for example 'CUCMPublisher'

During the validation stages of the install on the new Subscriber, I get the following error:

'Configuration validation with CUCMPublisher (10.10.10.10) failed. Configured first node CUCMPublisher is not a First Node'

I can confirm the new Subscriber is added to the new Publisher in the correct hostname format.

A and PTR records work for the Publisher and the new Subscriber.

Any ideas?

12 Replies 12

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please check for NTP reachability in Publisher.

regds,

aman

test - ntp_reachability : Passed
test - ntp_clock_drift : Passed
test - ntp_stratum : Passed

Synchronised to NTP server (x.x.x.x) at stratum 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, you are referencing both correct hostname and IP address of the publisher along with correct security password? Security password is not necessarily the same as OS and App passwords.  Also, did you add this new Sub under "servers" in CUCM? 

Have you reviewed this doc: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-60/109486-cm-configuration-validation-error-00.html

Correct Chris. We wasn't 100% sure on the Security Password but I tested it using the below method and have come to the conclusion that the password is good as I get this response:

'Second time my old password was CORRECT and got "BAD PASSWORD: based on a dictionary word"'

...that is that I am basing an accurate security password on! CUCM doesn't give me a bad password error either.. so have no reason to believe this is the case.

Process:

set password user security
Enter <what you suspect is old password>
Enter "cisco123" as new password
Confirm "cisco123" is new password
When prompted for DRS warning, hit "y"
Wait...
First time my old password was wrong and got "The old password did not match"
Second time my old password was CORRECT and got "BAD PASSWORD: based on a dictionary word"

---------------

I will give that document a read now thank you and get back to you.

Hi @drbabbers

SUB is not the fisrt server on the node.

Delete and re-add your SUB ip address on your publisher.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "CUCM publisher add server subscriber"

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Is this the hostname of your SUB, is it resolvable from CUCM Pub? Do "utils network host CUCM-SUB".

Chris - I can ping the Subscriber by it's hostname from the Publisher all OK

Chris, this 'show network host cucmsub01' command works all OK from the Publisher.

I get a response in External Resolution as per below example:

cucmsub01.lab.com has address 10.10.10.10

The FQDN and IP are correct.

FYI - Local Resolution states 'Nothing Found'

Correct the SUB is not the first node... The Publisher is...

Yes I added the SUB node to the Publisher via the Webadmin via Hostname

Hi ,

Is Subscriber being installed across WAN ? check for ports [getting blocked] if firewall is installed .

you can check the link

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_T537717B_00_tcp-port-usage-guide-100/CUCM_BK_T537717B_00_tcp-port-usage-guide-100_chapter_01.html

regds,

aman

Yes there is a WAN but I have been assured no firewall blocking and just a routed network.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Have you seen this? I have to do this sometimes on fresh installs of Subs. Try the work around piece listed in this defect:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur94973
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: