Views
Helpful
Replies

add softkeys to 99xx phones

born.jason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there no way to add softkeys to thos 99xx phones? I want to add for example a mobility or meetme softkey, not a phone button. I only found the feature control policy. But that not what i`m looking for.

regards

jason

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Sadly, that is one of the limitations with the 9900 series

Feature Buttons and Softkeys

Table 7-4 provides information about some of the features that are available on softkeys, some that are available on dedicated feature buttons, and some that you need to configure as programmable feature buttons. An "X" in the table indicates that the feature is supported for the corresponding button type or softkey. Of the two button types and softkeys, only programmable feature buttons require configuration in Cisco Unified IP Phone administration.

Note The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961, 9951, and 9971 does not use softkey templates in Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration.

http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971usr.html#wp1087800

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Thanks for the great update here +5 my friend!

Cheers!

Rob

Ok thats nice to hear. But i can`t find in Call Manager to configure the Softkeys.... please advise me

Scroll down on the link Rob posted to:

Configuring Feature Control Policies

You can limit the appearance of some telephony features on the  Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961, 9951, and 9971 by enabling or disabling  these features in the feature control policy configuration. When you  disable a feature in the feature control policy configuration for a  phone, you restrict the user's access to the feature and the softkeys  associated with the feature does not display on the phone.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hmm for me it makes no difference if i disable or enable the features in the policy. If i reset or restart the phone the feature is also available and i can`t see for example a "meet me" softkey.

I only see this softkeys:

New call, Forward All, Redial, Call Back and Preview Video.....

I have enabled the feature policy on the default device profiles and also tried to enable it directly in the device profile of the user....

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

After you posted back the other day i looked for how this could be done on current

CUCM versions and I don't think it's available quite yet. Here is the list for CUCM

8.5(1);

Table 79-2     Feature Control Policy Default Values

Feature
Default Value
Softkeys Displayed on the Phone

Barge

Enabled

Barge

Call Back

Enabled

Call Back

Conference List

Enabled

Show Detail

Forward All

Enabled

Forward All

Park

Disabled

Park and Resume

Redial

Enabled

Redial

Speed Dial

Enabled

Speed Dial

Divert (Alerting)

Disabled

Divert

Divert (Connected)

Disabled

Divert

We don't see Mobility or Meetme as options yet.

I'm guessing that the relase of CUCM 8.6(1) may resolve this issue

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob,

thanks. I thougt of something like that. So we`ll wait for the next release.

Regards

Jason

Hi,

there are also new devicepacks available since 11/May/2011.

I have actually no access to a lab to try it and i can not find any release notes.

cmterm-devicepack7.1.5.33052-1.cop.sgn
Release Date: 11/MAY/2011

cmterm-devicepack8.5.1.12017-2.cop.sgn
Release Date: 11/MAY/2011

Could someone find the release notes or try it, if there is a way to change the softkeys with the new devicepack?

Regards

Marco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: