Replies

Adding a CCMSubscriber License on my Call Manager

iantra123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I'm using one Call Manager 6.0 server.

Now I want to install a second Server.

I want that these server are on a cluster.

CCM Publisher and a subsciber.

Question :

How to install the License?

Whom MAC Adress I will request to Cisco?

The publisher's mac-address

or the subscriber's mac-address?

Now :

The publisher is already have a licence.

But now I want to install the subscriber licence.

How-to.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Antra,

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently aquired licenses tied to PAK xxxxxxxxxxx for our CUCM 6.x cluster. We have a License tied to MAC CCCDDDAAABBB and now require the license to be re-homed to our Publisher MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly.

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address

City,Country

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

bob@mart.ca

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

You actually install the license on the publisher to allow for another node. You would use the mac address of the publisher and upload the license there. Go to the software page of Cisco with the PAK number and walk through the process. You add the new license the same way you added your initial license.

Please rate if this helped.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Antra,

Here is the procedure :)

The Node License Manager is the Publisher so it is the MAC Address that you provide for any licensing additions/requirements;

Licenses are generated for requested Cisco CallManager nodes (servers in a Cisco CallManager cluster - with seats) and the phones that are associated with those nodes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploading a License File

Use the following procedure to upload a license file to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server with the matching MAC address that is provided when a license file is requested. For information about obtaining a license file, see the "Obtaining a License File" section. The Cisco Unified Communications Manager server where the license file is loaded takes on the functionality of the license manager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Upload the license file only on the first node of Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System > Licensing > License File Upload.

The License File Upload window displays.

Step 2 The Existing License Files drop-down list box displays the license files that are already uploaded to the server.

Note To view the file content of any existing files, click View File.

Step 3 To choose a new license file to upload, click Upload License File.

The Upload File pop-up window displays.

Step 4 To upload to the server, click Browse to choose a license file.

Step 5 Click Upload.

After the upload process is complete, the Upload Result file displays.

Step 6 Click Close.

Step 7 In the License File Upload window, the status of the uploaded file displays.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b02licfu.html#wp1049590

Obtaining a License File

Use the following procedure to obtain a license file for a new installation of Cisco Unified Communications Manager phones and users and for updating the licenses when new phones and users get added.

Procedure

Step 1 When you place an order for Cisco devices, Cisco provides a Product Authorization Key (PAK).

Step 2 Register the PAK with Cisco Unified Communications Manager by using the License Registration tool at http://www.cisco.com/go/license.

Step 3 You must enter the MAC address of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Publisher (or first node) and a valid e-mail ID.

Step 4 CCO generates a license file sends it to you via e-mail by using the e-mail ID that you provided in Step 2.

Step 5 You must upload the license file to the server with the matching MAC address that you provided in Step 3

Hope this helps!

Rob

Edit: Chad, you trumped my horrid typing skills with your excellent answer. + 5 points buddy!

Thank you for the reply.

And what happen if thee mac-address is missmacthed? i.e

Case 1 :

I've sent the mac-address of the subscriber to Cisco,

OR

Case 2:

I'have a licence with the mac-adress of the subscriber server, but I want to migrate this server in the cluster.

Best regards,

Antra

Hi Antra,

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently aquired licenses tied to PAK xxxxxxxxxxx for our CUCM 6.x cluster. We have a License tied to MAC CCCDDDAAABBB and now require the license to be re-homed to our Publisher MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly.

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address

City,Country

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

bob@mart.ca

Hope this helps!

Rob

Is there a way to find the mac address of the server from the web admin site?

Ye, go to OS admin web page. Hardware or network settings will show you MAC address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: