cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a new BE6000 telephony environment to an existing vCenter Server?

Pedro Silva
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of rolling out a UC upgrade on two new BE6000s.

This will have CUCM and other telephony apps.

We have an existing vCenter Server that manages our existing VmWare clusters. These are based on IBM hardware.

My question is, can I add the two BE6000s into the existing vCenter environment for visibility and reporting purposes?

Is this a supported option?

I am assuming that as long as we don't start moving telephony vMs around it won't be an issue?

Thanks

Pedro

2 Replies 2

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pedro, you can definitely add these BE6Ks to the vCenter that is deployed on IBM hardware. The compatibility for Cisco UC Applications is limited to the immediate hardware on which you are going to install them and not on the vCenter that you will be using to manage those hosts. Since BE6Ks are supported to install UC applications you can without any issue add these to the vCenter running on IBM hardware for reporting and visibility purposes.

Regards

Deepak

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but that is assuming you bough a ESXi license which allows for vCenter integration, the one that comes by default with 6K, is NOT compatible.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: