Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a second BE6K-ST-BDL-K9 Server

johnsnave1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer that presently has a single BE6K-ST-BDL-K9 server running CUCM and CUC both at ver 9.1. They now want to add a second server that they can provide of exactly the same model. They also have Cisco software support and therefore should be entiltled to upgrade access.

My question is: how do they stand from a support point of view if adding a second BE6K-ST-BDL-K9 with the intention of building a CUCM subscriber and CUC HA?

Many thanks, John.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is no difference with respect to either configuration for CUCM\CUC clustering nor there is any difference in TAC support.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

View solution in original post

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

As Jitender mentioned, there is no difference in operation and support as it would behave almost the same as a normal CUCM cluster. Only caveat is that you could clustering for HA but still the total number of users/phones limitation for BE6K applies and as long as you are not exceeding it. You could also go with CUCM sub installed on any UCS server as well since the first server is BE6K as mentioned in the below link.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#Can_I_cluster_my_CUCM_BE6K.3F.3F

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is no difference with respect to either configuration for CUCM\CUC clustering nor there is any difference in TAC support.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Many thanks - appreciated.

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

As Jitender mentioned, there is no difference in operation and support as it would behave almost the same as a normal CUCM cluster. Only caveat is that you could clustering for HA but still the total number of users/phones limitation for BE6K applies and as long as you are not exceeding it. You could also go with CUCM sub installed on any UCS server as well since the first server is BE6K as mentioned in the below link.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_FAQ#Can_I_cluster_my_CUCM_BE6K.3F.3F

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

johnsnave1
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks - appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: