cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a Subscriber do you have to add to Pub first?

ckgilliam
Level 1
Level 1

I`m going to add a Subscriber to my BE6k 9.1 current Pub/Sub, do I have to add the new Sub to the Pub first? and when the new Sub is installed will it reboot the in production Pub/Sub?

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ok I just had seen this bug and wanted to make sure. CSCub12922

Yes, good point. The servers will not reboot. However, phones will reset and reregister with CUCM. Downtime is minimal, but probably best to perform after hours.

Even though I would be only adding the server in CM as a new server and not adding it to a CM Group it will still reset phones? And do I have to add it to CM first or could I go ahead and build it standalone and add it after?

Yes, the reset will happen even if not in a CM group. Seems that the reset is caused by phone certificates being updated with a reference to the new node. You will need to add to CUCM as part of the install. The reset will happen towards the end of the install process.

Ok one other question and thanks for your assistance.

I`m going to build this sub with ip address in the same network as my Pub/Sub but once its done I will change the ip address for the remote location. When I do this will there be another reset? or certificate issue?

Here are the steps for changing the IP address. Yes, there will be another reset when the address is changed due to certificate regeneration.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/10_0_1/ipchange/CUCM_BK_C3782AAB_00_change-ipaddress-hostname-100/CUCM_BK_C3782AAB_00_change-ipaddress-hostname-100_chapter_011.html

Ok once the db replication is complete and will go ahead and change the ip during my after hours window.

Do you have any good documentation on remote office setup as a Sub? I`m thinking I will be setting up a new device pool and CM Group as there will only be 7 phones and they can register there and I don`t won`t all the corporate office phones to ever register across the Wan to the remote location.

There are a number of things to consider:

1. Jitter, delay, bandwidth requirements, QoS, etc. for clustering over the WAN
  2. CM Group
  3. Device pool
  4. Locations
  5. Calling Search Space
  6. Route patterns
  7. Local vs. remote failover
  8. Etc.

The SRND is a good place to start. Here's a section on clustering over the WAN.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/models.html#13629

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: