Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a SUbscriber

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

All,

in CUCM 10.52 when I rebuild a subscriber to the cluster that was previously in the cluster and defined as DHCP option as the primary CUCM certain phones should register to at what point will the phones fall back to this newly rebuilt subscriber?  I don't want to have phones re-registering in the middle of the day

All replies rated.  Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Depends on the Callmanager group setup and the order the servers are listed. One way to control this is to temporarily remove the subscriber from the Callmanager group or place the pub (or other subs) higher in the list in the Callmanager group.

Brandon

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thinking about this a little more. Changing the Callmanager group may not help since your phones already have this info configured and would not get new info without a restart. Other options would be to stop the Callmanager service on the sub or create an ACL on the network that stops traffic from the phones to the CUCM.

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I agree with Brandon, stopping callmanager service or using an ACL to stop endpoints communicating with this sub look to be the only feasible options to prevent the endpoints from rehoming to this primary sub. Any changes to the callmanager group settings will require a reset of the devices to which the callmanager group is applied.

The two timers that affect this whole process of failover and fallback are the following:

Station and Backup Server KeepAlive Interval: Required Field  This parameter designates the interval between KeepAlive messages that are sent from Cisco IP Phones to the secondary Cisco CallManager.
   This is a required field.
   Default: 60
   Minimum:  10
   Maximum:  1000
   : Reset affected IP phone(s) for the parameter change to take effect.
   Unit: sec

Station KeepAlive Interval: Required Field  This parameter designates the interval between KeepAlive messages sent from Cisco IP Phones to the primary Cisco CallManager.
   This is a required field.
   Default: 30
   Minimum:  10
   Maximum:  1000
   : Reset affected IP phone(s) for the parameter change to take effect.
   Unit: sec

Manish