cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding additional CUCM 6.1 or 7.1 users and node licenses

s.crowe
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on two opportunities at present where customers wish to add additional nodes/users to their CUCM clusters; one has CUCM 6.1.3 and the other has 7.1.3. As you may be aware 6.1 has been announced end of life and the last date of ordering was 3rd September 2010, in addition a change of part numbers was announced for 7.1.3 with the existing parts hitting their last date of ordering on 31st August 2010.

I am seeking clarification of what I would need to order to add additional users and node licenses for these customers; neither has expressed a desire to upgrade at the moment? The recommended replacement part for LIC-CM6.1-7825= is UCM-7825-80; does this mean that the customer would need to upgrade to CUCM 8.0 to add an additional node? The recommended replacement part for CM7.1-K9-X306M is UCM-7825-71; I don’t seem to be able to add this without ordering at least one UCL user, as it happens the customer also wants additional users, so does this mean that I need to add these as UCL Enhanced (7942G phones) even though they are remaining on 7.1.3?

1 Reply 1

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This question would be best posed to your Cisco account team or Cisco Partner.  They should have all the details you need

to get the correct licenses ordered.

-Matt