Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding an Ext to existing phone.

mike.sours
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to create a new ext and then add it to an existing phone.

UC520

I have been able to add the ext and set the fwd to the existing ext (Phone).

If you call internally it works fine.

If you call from outside the AA says "You have entered an invalid phone number"..

What am I doing wrong?

5 Replies 5

MMstre
Level 3
Level 3

Check the COR. It may be set to not allow calls coming from a certain origination.

Hi,

Thank you for your response however I ran into another issue.

I was able to add an extension via the CUC(Cisco Unified Communications Express) and assign it to a user. The CCA (Cisco Small Business Pro Configuration Assistant) did not like this at all. When I opened it up (Trunks/Voice) I received a warning and it would not allow me to continue until I deleted the ext. I added.

So to get down to the basics, is it possible to add an ext without a device?

Can this be done in the GUI or does it need to be at the command level?

To start... I HATE the CCA. It throws erros when there is no reason to. I think the thought is that it was designed for the rookie or newb, so it wants to throw an error to make sure that you didnt forget anything. I ran into this problem as well, so i configured the ext in the CLI, this works fine. 80% of my configurations are from CLI, very little is done from CCA, mainly auto attendant stuff, its now easier to configure call flows. If you can, and are familiar enough with it, try to stick to CLI. CCA will cry about it, but it works fine

I feel you!

I am just starting to work with the CLI.

Do you have any advice on adding the ext via CLI?

Here is a sample snippet:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 1234

name Example

call-forward busy 1000 *** this is the voicemail pilot

call-forward noan 1000 timeout 12

If you are using CME version 4.3 or higher, and you have an extension that is shared amongst many users, you may find it helpful to use octo-lines rather than dual-line

To add the extension to a phone:

ephone 1 *** number do not need to correspond

username "userID" password 12345

mac-address FFFF.FFFF.FFFF

type 7960

button 1:1 *first button:number corresponding to ephone-dn to assign to it

Hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: