Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding device package befor device COP files

John Farrell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Got landed with  a Cisco Call manager last year and still trying to figure things out.

Someone wants to add a bunch of new devices that a Cisco rep has told them all about(DX70, DX80, MX200, MX300, MX 700, MX 800 and  IX 5000)

The version the call manager is running on is : 9.1.1.20000-5

From reading around I have to first add an updated device package and then add COP files for each device?

I am little wary of adding a new device package as I am unsure as to what affect this will have on current devices( 7945, DX650's etc)

Looking at the compatibility matrix under Historical Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Package Releases 9.1.1 does not have device packages for these devices?

Am I correct in assuming we need to upgrade to 9.1.2 before the devices can be used?

Thanks

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, you need to upgrade all your CUCM servers to 9.1.2 first, then you can add the device package to each CUCM server and reboot them all.

The device packages should not affect your existing devices.

I did not see anything in the documentation about using a COP file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, you need to upgrade all your CUCM servers to 9.1.2 first, then you can add the device package to each CUCM server and reboot them all.

The device packages should not affect your existing devices.

I did not see anything in the documentation about using a COP file.

Thanks for the quick response.

I was under the impression that the COP file contained firmeware for the device.

If this is all contained in the Device package what is the COP file used for?

A COP file can be anything, thus the name Cisco Option Package, from FW to bug fixes, to the new keys we use to sign the most recent versions.

It completely depends on what you're doing /what you want, whether you need a COP file, or a DevPack.

Just notice that DevPacks usually also contain new FW for several devices, if you want to keep your current FW (assuming it doesn't match), you'll need to take note of that and change it back to what you want under device defaults.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: