Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding ringtones to Cisco 79XX phones

I have added several ringtones to my server so that users will have more ringtones to choose from. While I was successful in getting them added to the server and getting them to show up and play. There is a pop noise at the beginning of each sample. I made them in audacity, changed the sample rate to 8000 and made the sample length to a number dividable by 240. I'll upload one ringtone that pops and another that does not. I am wanting them to not have pop noise at the beginning of them.

Datamastertheme pops almost every time the ringer is played

Devinci only pops when selected from the ringer list the first time it is requested to play

Thanks for your help in advance

5 Replies 5

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you clarify if by "server" you mean CUCM?

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Yes, I mean sever because I thought that the delivery of ring tones was by
tftp

I agree with Mr Mason, the pop sound is most probably due to the audio file that you have uploaded. Definitely, testing the pre-loaded files is the first thing you should try out.

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

The ones provided by Cisco play just fine. However the custom made one
pops, but I have already made the files according to the thread on this
forum. For example factor of 240 and 8000 sample rate etc.

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Any pop sound in the existing ringtones, or is that just in the ones you created yourself.

I'd probably upload a pre-made one and look for a pop there.  That would tell you if the pop is introduced in the way you create the file, or in the upload / conversion process.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: