cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding San to Cert

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

Hi I have already installed a public cert on Single server deployment CUCM 10.5 to allow for Jabber and expressway which all works fine, but now I need to add a SAN to the cert. From what I understand I need to go to CLI and use the set "web-security" command to add the name.  I just need to be sure that this command doesn't affect the live operation such as affect phones trust list etc?

If as I hope, it just sets up the cert to allow me to create a CSR for public signing then great. All I would then need to do is install the new cert, restart the relevant services and all good?

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you are only referring to Tomcat certificate, if so this will not affect any operation. You can generate new CSR, get it signed and applied after which you need to restart tomcat service which will take down the web portal, but not affect any phones.

Yes, it is just for Mobile remote access. For Jabber users to look for service using a SAN instead of the CUCM hostname. I assume this is the only cert I need to change, as I understand once it finds CUCM via UDS search, the service profiles then find IM&P and Unity con