cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advanced Call Timing Issue?

John.Schneider
Level 1
Level 1

Using the Unified Communications Self Care Portal v 10.5.2, I setup my cell phone as an additional phone and checked the Enable Single Number Reach option.  When a call comes in to my office IP phone, my cell phone will ring, but as soon as I answer it, the call drops.  It doesn't seem to matter if I answer on the first, second, third ring; the call will drop every time.

I have played around with the Advanced Call Timing settings, but still can't get this to work.  Attached is a screenshot of the current settings.

What am I missing here?

Thank You

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might want to debug this at the GW level to find out what's happening to those calls.

Usually just one second for the answer too soon timer is enough (unless someone has auto-answer, then you might want something shorter, but that's not usual)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie, but I'm not following.  What do you mean by "debug this at the GW level" ?

Also, where is the setting for "answer too soon timer"?

Are you an end user?

If so, you need to reach out to your local IT for assistance on this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, I'm an end user, but was hoping someone here might have an easy answer.

I'll open a case with our IT folks.

Hi,

Just want to add, the 1st thing to look at is codecs and make sure that you don't have codec mismatch which requires a transcoder that doesn't exist.

Where exactly are these codecs?  How would this affect my cell phone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: