cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Trace

markenk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, We started using Cisco for our phone reporting data a few years ago. Is there a way to turn on an agent trace for 1 tech that would collect all phone data  I have a tech that is avoiding calls by randomly going into aux and then available. We are being advised that we do no have the capabilities to collect this data. From previous experience it was available in other systems. I understand it consumes a lot of data. There must be something similar that we can do in Cisco to collect this info so we can present to their supervisor. Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco does collect CDR (call detail record) data, however it can only be accessed by an administrator.

If you're looking for a product that can be user facing (i.e. managers can pull reports on their employees), take a look at VoIP Detective.  There is a free version that will get you what you want, or a paid version to store data for a longer duration.  It can be installed in 20 minutes with very little effort from your telecom team.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

arcaidy
Level 1
Level 1

I am unsure what you are asking for?

What applications are you using? What is doing the reporting? is this an on premise or hosted solution?

If its an on premise and you are using UCCX and UCM then just about any record you could look for is available. If not in UCCX (probably UCCE, but I have limited experience there...) then you could run traces in UCM for the tech's phone and see every thing that is going on.

Thanks,
James Coffey

We have UCCE. My IT says we can't do a more specified trace. There is an
agent trace report that they directed me to but that just compiles the info
together and doesn't show every detail of the agent presses on his phone.
The agent is going between available and project work to avoid calls. How
can this be reported?

There should be a report that shows agent state changes. So every time the agent changes state, for what ever reason, it should be logged and available through reports. Very straight forward in UCCX, but i couldn't tell you how to do it in UCCE.

Is the agent going off hook on their phone to put them self in the back of the line for longest available queues? I've had this happen before and used UCM traces to show the agent would push the speaker button on the phone to go off hook and then quickly hang up. That put them at the end of the line for incoming calls...

You should be able to see many of those actions in the agent state detail reports from UCCE. If not, run traces on the agents phone from UCM.  Its a pain in the butt to gather and search through the traces, but they don't lie so make good documents for discussion.

You may get better responses in the contact center area if you asked there.

Thanks,
James Coffey

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco does collect CDR (call detail record) data, however it can only be accessed by an administrator.

If you're looking for a product that can be user facing (i.e. managers can pull reports on their employees), take a look at VoIP Detective.  There is a free version that will get you what you want, or a paid version to store data for a longer duration.  It can be installed in 20 minutes with very little effort from your telecom team.