Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert Message generated from RTMT " Call manager Heart Bets "

Dear All,

kindly can anyone can help me to decrease the harte bets rate for Cisco Unified Communication Manager 7.1.5. you can find the alert message below was generated from Real Time Monitor Tools :

alert message details" CallManager Server heartbeat rate below 360 beats per minute .Current heartbeat rate is 30 beats per minute "

If it will effect on the performace of the server or not .

I was wondering if someone has got any piece of advice or came across something similar. Any advice will be kindly aprecciated. Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Idress

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Mr.Gordon Ross .

Then What is the first step I will follow it to resolve this issue ( either server or network  ) on cluser .

View solution in original post

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Low heartbeat rate usually point to Cisco Call Manager Service. IF the CCM hearbeat rate is dropping significantly , CCM's Call Manager Service may be going down.

You may want to check Cisco Call Manager Service here.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I think you're missing the point.

CUCM is telling you there is a problem (either server or network) on your cluster. By trying to reconfigure the heartbeat parameters, you're ignoring the problem.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thanks Mr.Gordon Ross .

Then What is the first step I will follow it to resolve this issue ( either server or network  ) on cluser .

I've never investigated this heartbeat problem before on CUCM, but I'd focus on checking all my network links between the CUCM servers. Look for error stats on network ports, packet loss, duplex mismatch, etc. This is the usual reason for these kind of heartbeat lost issues. Another reason can be CPU overload, which RTMT can quickly reveal.

If you can't see anything wrong here, then I'd look towards opening a case with TAC - unless anyone else has a brainwave on this....

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

mrmhar1408
Level 4
Level 4

if no other alerts in RTMT like high CPU "CallProcessingNodeCpuPegging " so the call manager server has no problem, try to check the network side using any monitoring tools like NMS.

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Low heartbeat rate usually point to Cisco Call Manager Service. IF the CCM hearbeat rate is dropping significantly , CCM's Call Manager Service may be going down.

You may want to check Cisco Call Manager Service here.

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Mohammad,

Best thing you can do is download Ris Data Collector Performance Logs from RTMT and open them with Perfmon for a perfomance analysis.

You would like to analyze the memory footprint for services, CPU consumtion and IO wait times to hard disk. It's suspicuous that CUCM has such a low bit rate. A degraded HDD or old firmware for the RAID could be negatively impacting IO response times, causing CPU to block constantly and causing CUCM to have a low bit rate.

You could also file a case with us at TAC, and we will certantly help you with this analysis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: