Views
Helpful
Replies

ALGO 8180 SIP not working

Asad Hanif
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gurus,

I have an ALGO 8180 SIP alerting device which show registered in CUCM but is not working. Can someone share any document/experinece where you got it working.

Please see the attachemnt where it shows as registrerd with the call manager.

Thank,

Asad Hanif

18 Replies 18

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How about reaching out to algo for support?

Chris

I assume you worked thru this document?

http://www.algosolutions.com/pdf/AN-8180-002.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Best Regards

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

I've set the 8180 to both ring and page with not much of an issue (as far as I remember!)

Did you follow this guide: http://www.algosolutions.com/pdf/AN-8180-002.pdf

Gareth

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Also, check on the alerter's web page "Status" tab. Is it showing successful on the SIP registration line?

Gareth

Please see the SIP registration status.

Try turning off multicast in Basic Settings > Multicast. Also, Enable "Different Ports for Extensions in Basic Settings > SIP

Gareth

Thanks Everyone,

This device has to configured as a shared line but we were just assigning the extension to the AlGO devie. I created an extension on a phone and then shared it with ALGO 8180 and that worked.

Asad

I have a Algo 8180G2 loud ringer and I cannot for the life of me get both loud ringing and paging to work, I followed the instructions everyone listed .algosolutions.com/pdf/AN-8180-002.pdf

I made 2 users in CUCM one for paging and one for loud ringing. But only the extension I have configured in CUCM line 1 DN will work with the Algo unit. I tried as suggested above to set the loud ringer as an extension used by another phone but that doesnt work. 

I only get this message:

PageSuccessful(Extension 4580)
Ring #1Rejected by server.
Check SIP server address & account credentials.
(Extension 4581)

I found an updated config document on Algo's website. I hope this helps anyone else who finds this thread:

http://www.algosolutions.com/pdf/Cisco%20CUCM%2012.0%20Config%20Guide%20for%20Algo%208186%20SIP%20Horn%20Speaker.pdf

Amills
Level 1
Level 1

In my case to get paging and loud ringing to work on one Algo 8180 unit, I had to first register the device in CUCM as a "Third party Sip Device Advanced". That solved my issue. In the Algo settings I was able to use the same user for both extensions and both extensions registered with UCS. 

chadrife1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I've been given an Algo 8186 to setup and for just ringing and the initial setup worked without any issues.  Primary extension setup has registered and is part of a HG.       I was asked to add two additional lines that are part of that same HG however they want those individual DN's to ring through the Horn as well.    Thoughts, multiple SIP Registerations against same MAC.  Possible, any workarounds?  Thanks,

How many numbers are in the hunt group? I take it not every number in the HG needs to have loud ringing? If all the numbers need to ring, and the HG is on broadcast, so all the phones ring at once, you could assign a extension to the Algo unit and add it to the HG. 

If its specific to the 3 extensions, that is a bit more tricky as the Algo units only support 1 extension per function. If you have 3 Algo 8186s, you could set up multicast zones. Each Algo unit will be a multicast master for a specific zone, all the units are members of all 3 zones. 

I haven't configured multiple zones yet, but I do use multicasting with 1 zone, so I only have to have 1 Algo unit registered with UCS. But looking at the mulitcast section in configuration it doesnt look difficult to get multiple zones setup and check box what zones the unit is participating in. Hope this helps. 

HI Amills -  Here's what I have and trying to do if I can explain more clearly.

Garage HG -  Three DN's within  1001 ( Garage 1)  & 1002 ( Garage 2 )  & 1003 ( Horn ) 

New Algo 8186  setup Advance 3rd Party SIP  ( 1003 )

When Hunt Pilot number is called the HG rings and all three devices work as should.

They want each Garage extension when called programmed into the 8186 as standalone since either of those could be called individually outside of the HG.       1001 & 1002  

Algo support thinks it can be done if use the Advance SIP in CUCM however , what am I missing as their document doesn't actually really point that out unless I'm missing something. 

It is not possible to have more than 1 extension configured for loud ring per Algo unit, unless the latest firmware supports it. I haven't updated to the latest yet. Did you talk to Algo support over the phone or via email? I suspect the 2 extensions they were talking about was 1 for ringing and 1 for paging, which the unit would need to be configured as an "Third party Sip Device Advanced" to use both features.

Maybe get a 2nd Algo unit and configure one with 1001 and the other with 1002. Then you can get rid of the 1003 extension. Only the horn configured with the extension would ring when the direct extension is dialed and because both 1001 & 1002 are in the HG, both horns would ring when the HG is called. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: