cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

alias command doesn't seem to work for sip end points

Osama Mahmoud
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where I have some 8945 phones and one 8961 phone which is a sip phone , in srst I have under call-manager-fallback , the command alias 3 5249400 to 5259413 , where 5249400 is the main site number and 5249413 is the 8961 sip phone . When people dial the 413 direct it rings normally but when they dial 400 it gives them fast busy . The alias works if the number after the to is an SCCP phone . Is there a specific config in such a case ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure if you got this working or not but...you may may need to put an alias within the voice register pool for the SIP phones.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Didn't work also

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I'm hitting this very issue too with Cisco 2921, IOS version 15.4(3)M1.

This is a tremendous bug in my opinion.

Anyone has any info about it?

Thanks.

Hi Filippo,

Look at this document http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/command/reference/srstcr/srsa_a_m.html

"Before the alias command is configured, translation rules must be set using the translate-outgoing (voice register pool) command. Translation rules are a general-purpose number-manipulation mechanism that perform operations such as automatically adding telephone area and prefix codes to dialed numbers."

I think you're right.

Thanks Dmitry.

Maybe this will be useful to other pepole out there.

I worked around this issue by having the SRST router monitor the CUCM reachability and react to a communication loss by automatically reconfiguring itself.

#ip_sla #track #EEM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: