cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow Users to set Device Configuration -> Power Save Configuration

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings - Running CallManager 7.1.5 with Cisco 7965 phones.  I want users to be able to set their own Power Save Configuration (under Device Configuration) either from the web or on the phone itself.  Is this possible and if so where to set this on the CallManager?  thanks, Beth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not possible, there's no option in CCMUser for that nor any phone service.

The only option is to provide them access to CCMAdmin but there's no way to configure that they can only manage their own device.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not possible, there's no option in CCMUser for that nor any phone service.

The only option is to provide them access to CCMAdmin but there's no way to configure that they can only manage their own device.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Java,

Thanks for the information.  Too bad users can not do this.  I can not think of a good reason why users should not do this, seems like a waste of an admin's time.  Do you know if Cisco is going to change this in a future release?  Appreciate the assistance. 

Beth

P.S. I was unable to rate your response, got the message "The file or application you are trying to access may require additional entitlement, or you are trying to access a file with an invalid name." 

Not that I know of, you might want to submit a PER (Product Enhancement Request) via your Account Team so the BU considers this.

Not sure why you got that message but don't worry, I sometimes also get weird messages due to some authentication glitch there is between CSC and CCO. If I go to CCO after trying to reply and authenticate, when I try to post will get an error that I'm not logged in. For some reason login to CCO logs me out of CSC. Maybe something like that happened to you as well.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Yeah that is a good idea to submit a PER, will do. 

Ok, next question.  Is there a way to update multiple phones via bulk administration?  These features were not listed on the Phone Update page.

Thansk,

Beth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: