cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing the router to recieve calls from pstn via FXO ports!!

Abdullah Net
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have 2901 router with 2fxo ports and 5 cisco ip phones(extensions: 1101 to1105) in my house. I made the configuration required to make all the phones work and each phone can dial other phones extensions successfully (all internally so far). Now, when i dial my home number from my mobile phone, i hear a second dial tone and that's it.

My home number, assigned from pstn, is 55607788. all what i want is if i called this number from my mobile phone, all my ip phones ring together. How can i do that? is it by using something called Plar? if yes, then how can i configure it? because plar is used to forward pstn call to a specific extension not all extensions.

Thanks in advance,

Abdul

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure plar opx, and an additional same extension on all phones (shared line).

When in doubt, search before asking, because most question are asked over and over again, but all the answers are there already.

I searched a lot because i decided to post my question here but i didn't find anything that answer my specific question. If you know a webpage that answer my question in details, then can you please provide it to me?
Thanks,

Abdullah,

You can use connection PLAR or connection PLAR opx to do this.  The difference is that connection PLAR will answer the call from the PSTN while your phones are ringing, but connection plar opx will not go off hook to the PSTN until a phone goes off hook.

The destination can be a shared line, or it could be a hunt group.  Your hunt group could include all phones and do a broadcast ring. 

Either solution will work.  It's a preference thing.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff, but can you please provide me with the syntax for those commands?

Here you go

voice-port 0/0/0

connection-plar opx 8888[could be both Hunt-pilot or Shared DN]

Shared DN

##################3

ephone-dn 1

number 1001

ephone-dn 2

number 1002

ephone-dn 3

number 1003

ephone-dn 4 octo

number 8888

ephone 1

button 1:1 2:4

busy-trigger-per-button X

max-calls-per-button Y

ephone 2

button 1:2 2:4

max-calls-per-button Y

ephone 3

button 1:3 2:4

max-calls-per-button Y

ie if you want allow X calls to a phone before you busy out that particular phone. plus, Allow Y calls at MAX per phone on the shared DN. Octo-line has 8 lines.

ephone hunt only allows sequential/peer/longest-idle. Doc doesn't have a BROADCAST Option

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: