Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative call routing.

Salnikov Andrey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have two Cisco UCM in two different locations, intercluster trunk between them through VPN. Each location has voice gateway on Cisco ISR.

I simulate this scenario. User from Location 1 is calling to user from Location 2. In case if user from location 2 is unreachable (e.g. VPN is down) I need to forward phone calls to Mobile phone number.

So I need to create pattern for user (location 2), then I need to route call to Cisco ISR gateway to call to mobile.

Please, help me to find which Cisco technology can help me to implement this scenario.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Salnikov,

In this case you can use redundancy i.e. in Route List you can have priority of "Intercluster Trunk and Gateway".

So whenever Intercluster Trunk is down call can be routed via 2nd priority i.e Gateway.

Note:-

If you want to forward phone call to particular single mobile number for every user from location 2 then it's pretty simple as mentioned above. But if you want to forward to different mobile number for every different user then probably it will be hectic schedule.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

View solution in original post

Let me know if this suites you. The solutions would be:

as per Nishant you can have RL with Multiple Route (ICT and GW) pointing to Route Pattern

1) Let says Location B User number range 2XXX ,3XXX etc.

2) You may have already route Pattern for this, You just need to add RL to this Pattern created above.

3) .Whenever VPN goes down, it will choose the second route  ie GW.

4) What you need to do prefix Mobile Number in the 2nd route. I mean whenever it chooses the 2nd route with pattern 2XXX, you can prefix first 3 or 4 digit of mobile number.(or according to range which you have most squence number first 3 or 4 digit)

6) On GW, Since this H.323 you have to make translation rule and Translation profile in order transform Called Party to Mobile number and apply this on Dial-peer outbound terminating leg.

Yes I agree this would be pretty hectic but you can check the numbering plan and simplify the things and scalabilty , I mean range of mobile number first 3 or 4 digits are same you can save ample time.

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Salnikov,

In this case you can use redundancy i.e. in Route List you can have priority of "Intercluster Trunk and Gateway".

So whenever Intercluster Trunk is down call can be routed via 2nd priority i.e Gateway.

Note:-

If you want to forward phone call to particular single mobile number for every user from location 2 then it's pretty simple as mentioned above. But if you want to forward to different mobile number for every different user then probably it will be hectic schedule.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Salnikov,

This one is pretty interseting, Just wanted to know one thing how Gateway is controllered by UCM on both Location?

Is MGCP or H323?

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed 

Thank you Nadeem for your reply.

I use h323 gateway.

Let me know if this suites you. The solutions would be:

as per Nishant you can have RL with Multiple Route (ICT and GW) pointing to Route Pattern

1) Let says Location B User number range 2XXX ,3XXX etc.

2) You may have already route Pattern for this, You just need to add RL to this Pattern created above.

3) .Whenever VPN goes down, it will choose the second route  ie GW.

4) What you need to do prefix Mobile Number in the 2nd route. I mean whenever it chooses the 2nd route with pattern 2XXX, you can prefix first 3 or 4 digit of mobile number.(or according to range which you have most squence number first 3 or 4 digit)

6) On GW, Since this H.323 you have to make translation rule and Translation profile in order transform Called Party to Mobile number and apply this on Dial-peer outbound terminating leg.

Yes I agree this would be pretty hectic but you can check the numbering plan and simplify the things and scalabilty , I mean range of mobile number first 3 or 4 digits are same you can save ample time.

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Thank you very much! Your plan looks quite clear for me. I was curious can how can CUCM detect that cluster trunk is down since it's not registered on CUCM.

Anyway, this will work.

Thank you again!