cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative TCP Port for IP Phone VPN

iamroot80
Level 1
Level 1

We've configured SSL VPN onto an alternative port on our ASA (DTLS remained on 443) and now i've an issue connecting the IP Phone via Internet onto our CUCM 9.1.

In logfile i can see access denied messages on TCP/443 and so it looks like the Phone tries to connect to the standard port - in the Group URL i configured the URL including our alternative port.

Is it possible to configure the alternative VPN port somewhere on the IP Phone or on CUCM?

4 Replies 4

Jagpreet.Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Thomas,

I think as of now, Alternative ports are not supported. I have run into this issue before.

Check out :

CSCtz42052

Regards,

Jagpreet

Hi Jagpreet,

looks like we have the same issue - so i have a problem now, i can't change the port on my ASA for SSL VPN as all users have configured the alternative port now on their laptops and mobile devices and i can't configure the port 443 to be used in addiiton (at least i didn't find where to configure another port to accept SSL VPN connections).

Maybe i'll open a TAC for that as it can just be a bug and not be an intention to be limited in that way.

Regards,

Thomas

Thomas,

You could try changing the firmware on the phone, since the bug is on the firmware version. But I have my doubts that would resolve the problem.

Regards,

Jagpreet

I've a 7945G and the latest Firmware is from Feb 2013 and the Phone has that Firmware already installed