cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog line Fax to an another number

bobsloan
Level 1
Level 1

HI - I have an analog fax line 2580 now that we want to forward it to 3600 another fax line. I am not sure if I am doing this right or not (8.6.2 version) in the directory number configuration I check the box Forward all and entered the full phone number of the new fax line, in the CSS I entered the CFwdAll search space.  When do DNA to see if call goes through I get Match Result Blockthispattern, route block cause unallocated number. Not sure why I get this!  On the phone configuration I have the old number as a analog phone in line 1, I added a line two as the new 3600. What am i missing? 

5 Replies 5

Murali Dharan
Level 1
Level 1

Bob, I not sure what you have mentioned about phone line 1 and 2 but you should not check the Forward all box to forward the calls, simply enter the number. If you made check on the forward all box the call will move to voicemail.

-Murali

thank you Murali!

I unchecked the Forward all - did not relize it would go to voice mail.

What I meant about line 1 and line2 is the 2nd line to the fax would be for the 3600 number. But sitting thinking about it the fax only has one line so that will not work either.

any thoughts on how to forward the 2580 to go to 3600? We would like to retire this block of DID's.

If you want forward all fax calls from 2580 to 3600, why dont you try in gateway itself. What gateway you are using H.323 or SIP or MGCP?

-Murali

we are using h.323.

did not know that is where it should be done at. Can you explain?

If the number 2580 is configured in FXO you can use conn plar to forward to 3600.

If the number 2580 is configured in PRI you can use dial peer to forward to 3600

-Murali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: