Views
Helpful
Replies

analog line FXO question for specific users

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have VG h323 with 3 analog lines and CUCM version 7.5 , i want to confiure one of analog lines to go to hunt group and the others two going to specific users

down sample configuration for a specific user.

the configuration i did as following below : please see option 1 , option 2

Option1

In Voice gateway

voice-port 0/2/0
 connection plar opx 3469
 Description ## 22222222##
 caller-id enable
!

dial-peer voice 250 pots
 destination-pattern 9
 port 0/2/0
!

in Call manager

create partition PT-22222222
create CSS  CSS-22222222

add this parttion to gatewat CSS to allow to go out side.

route pattern 9.!#

it is right configuration  ???

OR

voice-port 3/0
 connection plar opx 222
 caller-id enable
!

dial-peer voice 110 pots
 destination-pattern 9[2569].......
 port 3/0
!
dial-peer voice 120 pots
 destination-pattern 918.....
 port 3/0
 prefix 18
!
dial-peer voice 130 pots
 destination-pattern 91[0-7,9].
 port 3/0
 prefix 1
!
dial-peer voice 140 pots
 incoming called-number .
 direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 200 pots
 destination-pattern 900T
 port 3/0
 prefix 00
!

in option2 , I dont need to configure Route Pattern in CUCM .

is it right and which one is better and good for troubleshooting option 1 , or option 2  and is there any missimg in configration in option1 , option2

thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello

For example , i need extension 4001 need to call mobile calls  using port 0/0/2. So i need to force call to go out using H323 configuration for a specific port on GW

1)Create PT_Mobile 

2)CSS_CallsToFXO

4)under RP 99XXXXXXXXXX - specify route partition "PT_mobile"

on VG

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 99..........

port 0/0/2

forward-digits 10

5)Assign CSS for the ext 4001 and for H323 gateway  . dial now from 4001 99XXXXXXXXXX the call go out, if you tried from 4002 as example which not have same CSS - you will be unable to  get cal out. You can use also FAC to assign code before dialing outgoing calls , if you need to avoid partitions and CSS.

You can also take a look for the below:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/41887-specific-fxs-call.html

Thanks

please rate all useful ifnormation

View solution in original post

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

hello

Look we can do as the below:-

We can assume that you have 3 X ports 0/0/1 ,. 0/0/2 and 0/0/3.

Lets saye 0/0/1 is for huntgroup users , 0/0/2 and 0/0/3 for specific users.

1-under 0/0/1 , you can configure connection plar xxxx /where xxxx is the hunt pilot which will include Hunt list and under HL , the line group which includes all specific users"..

2-For 0/0/2 and 0/0/3 to allow both of them , only used by specific users , You can configure a code for outgong calls to hit port 0/0/2 or 0/0/3 and allow users to put the code before hit outgoing call for specific port. Of example if i need to go out 0/0/2 you can put code 99 , for 0/0/3 98. 

3-For incoming calls for port 0/0/1 and 0/0/2 , we can use also connection plar opx and assign a xxxx / where the xxxx the extesnion number for your internal user/

Note:-Other Solution based on calling number as below:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/41887-specific-fxs-call.html

Thanks

please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Islam,

Could please give an example how the outgoing can be configured using PT and CSS.

Thanks

Hello

For example , i need extension 4001 need to call mobile calls  using port 0/0/2. So i need to force call to go out using H323 configuration for a specific port on GW

1)Create PT_Mobile 

2)CSS_CallsToFXO

4)under RP 99XXXXXXXXXX - specify route partition "PT_mobile"

on VG

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 99..........

port 0/0/2

forward-digits 10

5)Assign CSS for the ext 4001 and for H323 gateway  . dial now from 4001 99XXXXXXXXXX the call go out, if you tried from 4002 as example which not have same CSS - you will be unable to  get cal out. You can use also FAC to assign code before dialing outgoing calls , if you need to avoid partitions and CSS.

You can also take a look for the below:-

Thanks

please rate all useful ifnormation

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

So it means i need to create another route-pattern for extension 4002 with different access-code etc.

Please confrim.

Thanks

Hi Mahmood

Look my friend , you can do the below:-

1) 1st solution

1- All users use access-code 9 who will use port 0/0/1

2-For some specific users , use access-code 99 for 0/0/2 and access-code 98 for port 0/0/3.

2) 2nd solution

Other way which is based on calling number as the below and no need for CSS and partitions or special access code:-

Please take a look for the below:-

Thanks

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

hello

Look we can do as the below:-

We can assume that you have 3 X ports 0/0/1 ,. 0/0/2 and 0/0/3.

Lets saye 0/0/1 is for huntgroup users , 0/0/2 and 0/0/3 for specific users.

1-under 0/0/1 , you can configure connection plar xxxx /where xxxx is the hunt pilot which will include Hunt list and under HL , the line group which includes all specific users"..

2-For 0/0/2 and 0/0/3 to allow both of them , only used by specific users , You can configure a code for outgong calls to hit port 0/0/2 or 0/0/3 and allow users to put the code before hit outgoing call for specific port. Of example if i need to go out 0/0/2 you can put code 99 , for 0/0/3 98. 

3-For incoming calls for port 0/0/1 and 0/0/2 , we can use also connection plar opx and assign a xxxx / where the xxxx the extesnion number for your internal user/

Note:-Other Solution based on calling number as below:-

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: