Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog lines not signaling properly after switch from telco to cable company

Bill Sparks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a UC540 installed at a small business running version 15.1(4)M5  I have had 4 analog lines from the local telco for years. They are connected to an FXO card.  I decided to switch to analog lines provided by the cable company for cost savings. The analog lines are delivered over cable internet/modem and converted to copper pair onsite.  Since the switch, I've had issues with users calling into the auto attendant, dialing an internal extension, and the digits won't break into the recording. It just keeps playing and loops the configured amount of times, then hangs up.  This issue doesn't happen consistently for any extension or even the amount of time to dial the digits (fast vs. slow).  It works correctly probably 75% of the time, but causes enough problem that . I'm guessing there is some issue with DTMF signaling that the cable company provides vs. the telco. Are there any known issues that could cause this? Also, are there any settings i can change in the way of telephone service/voice ports? Any help would be appreciated. 

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

You can make a few test calls internally to see if the issue is only with the external calls or if internal are also affected. if internal calls work fine then debugging needs to be done to see if the correct dtmf digits are being sent to UC device from Telco, once that is verified the dtmf config on dial peers can be verified and further troubleshooting can be done.

HTH

Manish

Thanks for the response. Internal calls work fine. I'll have to do some debugging of external to internal calls.