cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog Phone Control

John Powell
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if there is a tool for a unique situation I have. A customer needs their switchboard operators to control analog phones connected to VG224s in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager environment. When their analog phones were on a Rolm system, the operators had the phones turned off overnight, but could make exceptions on a case by case basis. Also, if a prisoner arrived, the phone in that room could be turned off at any time.

Being that the phones are on a VG224 along with other analog devices, we cannot have them accessing the device directly, nor does IT want (nor have the time) to make dozens of changes every day!

Any ideas???

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John

There's no 'off' button in CUCM for a line, other than deleting it.

I'd say you have two options:

- Create a small web GUI that removes/re-adds the line to CUCM via AXL to be used by the operators.

- Create a small web GUI that simply shuts/unshuts the appropriate ports on the gateways

Either way you have some work to do; there may be products out there for sort of purpose but it seems a little too niche...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!