cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

analog phone licence

JacobMunson
Level 1
Level 1

We have several CUCM clusters in our environment and I was comparing the output of the license calculator. I found that some of the clusters seem to be counting what I am assuming are VG224 and FXS ports under the “Analog Phone” licensee and some aren’t. Does anyone have any detail about what kind of things show as devices under the Analog phone type?

Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is the reason, though you are obligated to purchase Analog UWL licenses for either protocol, CUCM is not there yet and does not track it properly for MGCP, H323, SIP defined ports.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

ATAs , VG2XX, FXS Ports..

Regards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

that's what I thought however I have a cluster that has several VG224's configured on it and the Analog Phone line is showing 0

Are they configured as SCCP with all ports defined?

Are the clusters the same version?

Chris

I am comparing 2 clusters both running 8.5.1.12009-1. The cluster that is showing 0 Analog phones it looks like the VG224's are all registered as MGCP where the other cluster has some registered as SCCP. Interesting.

That is the reason, though you are obligated to purchase Analog UWL licenses for either protocol, CUCM is not there yet and does not track it properly for MGCP, H323, SIP defined ports.

HTH,

Chris