Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog RADAR Data on IP-MPLS with LMR

azhar.corvit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got a steal-knife in my wing-pipe with subjected problem, after wild internet browsing I couldn't anything which says you can carry an anlog Rada data on internet, I hope this plateform can help with that.

SCENARIO:

I have a customer who has two sites: Location "HQ" and "RS". And have two analog radars on both the sites (though they have Hotlines, Direct Speach Circuits and UHF/VHF; but I got that all figured out with LMR+CUCM) , now the customer (who is giving me a DB-25 output from his Analog Radar) wants to carry that Radar data on IP-MPLS towards Head Quarters and feed that output ot HQ Radar System on DB-25.

UNDERSTANDING:

- Serial Interfaces on routers are digital while the Radar i am dealing with is giving me an anlog IO.

- The Radar serial interface would definitely be un-aware of everything whihc is digital and IP like.

- I need some sort of converter (like ATA?) which takes Serial Data as input and gives output on Ethernet and opposite on other side. (Is there any such device?)

- This is certainly not doable?

Expectation:

- Please tell me that serial interface on router is cure to this problem.

Thanks in advance !

Azhar Khan...

Message was edited by: Azhar Ali Khan

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should start finding which inteface type is that, e.g synch, or asynch, speed, protocol etc.

Then generally it is possible to transport serial data over IP.

Hi,

Let clarify something:

- DB25 output of rada is digital interface,not analog I/O

- it generally uses serial rs-232 standard for communication

- data type is ASCII

- it is asynchronous interface and acting like console/auxiliary port on cisco router

To accomplish your purpose,let google like " sending ascii via/over tcp/ip", I believe you can find some hint of hardware you need

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: