Views
Helpful
Replies

anonymous jabber accounts restriction

monasir
Level 1
Level 1

For a customer we have 5 accounts (CSF)

These accounts are not allowed to find any other accounts in phonebooks, and are only allowed to call each other (5 accounts)

This needs to be done in the cucm.

Anybody idea whats the best way i can make a workaround for this.

Should i place all the accounts in specific css and partitions?

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, CSS and partitions for calls

If you're using UDS, there's no way to prevent them from finding someone else, if you're using LDAP, configure them in a separate OU and configure their service profile so they can only look into their own OU with just them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hell Jaime,

Can you suggest any reference for quick comparison of what you win and lose between Using UDS and LDAP ?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

UDS is a flat directory and you have little to no control over the field mapping, etc.

LDAP allows you to configure search bases and filters, point to specific LDAP/GC, use SSL,  adjust the field mapping, configure LDAP groups, etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks a lot!!

I am using LDAP and I was wondering what I may be missing.

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Adding to Jaime’s response: Ambiguous Name Resolution (ANR, a MS AD feature) doesn’t work with UDS. You also lose two possibly useful attributes: jpegPhoto (must use URL substitution to a HTTP server) and otherTelephone for secondary number lookups.

UDS also has a load on CUCM that you cannot assign to dedicated nodes as you do with all other services. This can become a design issue at scale.

Despite all of that, it’s the only option that works for MRA-connected endpoints or CE endpoints, unless you redirect them to TMS.

My design default is UDS but there are customer environments where I need to use CDI/LDAP instead.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: