Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

answer-address vs. External Phone Number Mask

Hi,

I'd like to route incoming calls in a PSTN Gateway originating from a CUCM (SIP) based upon the calling number.

Here's the scenario: we are using Standard Local RG to route call to the appropriate GW upon associated Device Pool. Within' the same Device Pool, some phone must go out the PSTN using FXO lines of the card slotted in WIC1, and some other phones must go through the FXO card in WIC2. So, the decision of which card to use has to be based on "which combinaison of Phone&DN places the call".

I configured an incoming voip dial-peer with answer-address, but I notice that it will use the Calling Number based on the directory number, and not the External Phone Number Mask. My problem is that DN are going to change often, but External Phone Number Mask will remain the 10 digit number (MLN) no matter what for phones on a specific Device Pool.

So, bottom line, I want to be able to route the calls to the appropriate voice-ports based upon the calling number being the External Phone Number Mask of the CUCM, or any transformation that would replace the Calling Number with a 10 digit number.

I was thinking of a Calling Party Transformation Pattern, which would have wildcards to include the range of all the DN that use the Standard Local Route Group, and then check the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask". I have not tested it yet, and am not sure it would work.

There are also a couple of Transformation CSS information in the SIP Trunk within' the CUCM

Any idea on the best way to achieve this ?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If i understand this correctly, you need to have CLID as the EPNM and then use some sort of a dial-peer matching to force the calls to use particular voice-ports on VG.
Do you have "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" checked on your route pattern (taken the fact that the calls do not route to a TP first and then a RP) under Calling Party Transformations and have the DN's configured with EPNM correctly ?

From the VG perspective since you have SIP, you can utilize URI matching based on a generic host match and then have this incoming dial-peer configured with a dial-peer group to force the IOS to select the outgoing dial-peers that you have mentioned in the DPG.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-inbnd-dp-match-uri.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/dialpeer/configuration/xe-3s/vd-xe-3s-book/multiple-outBound-dial-peer.html

Do look at the IOS versions that these features were introduced on. You might need to upgrade the IOS to make use of these.