Views
Helpful
Replies

Answer File Generator

James Matthews
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm trying to use the Answer File Generator so I can simplify the installation of a new Subscriber in our UCM 7.1(2) environment.

My issue is when I navigate to the page - http://www.cisco.com/web/cuc_afg/index.html none of the drop down boxes seem to be working for me?

I've tried this on several different machines and I'm satisfied that it's not an Internet access problem. I've also disabled the pop-up blocker as requested.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Many thanks in advance

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

It doesn't seem to load properly using IE but seems fine with Firefox

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

It doesn't seem to load properly using IE but seems fine with Firefox

Cheers!

Rob

Perfect, thanks Rob.

I have the same issue, drop downs won't display. I did try it with fi

refox, but I have a different problem now, unable click download after gen

erating the file, unable to save as xml file.

help!

I too had an issue once I'd got past the original problem with the drop down menus.

I could create the file but once I'd downloaded it, I then couldn't save it as an .xml type.

I get the following error:

C:\Temp\platformConfig.xml could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator

I also get this Firefox error:

Failed - wyciwyg resource

To get around this I've simply cut and pasted the text into a notepad file, saved and then renamed as a .xml file type. This seems to have worked ok, however, I've yet to test the file on an actual build. I won't be in a position to do this until next week.

James

James, in last resort, i copied and pasted in a text file and saved with xml extention, and had the chance to test it on friday night, the platformConfig.xml was read correctly by the new UC 7.1 on the USB key, so this is a working work around.

good day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: